The Best Care Quality Account is a companion document to our Annual Report, accessible through our website and this link.
Quality Accounts were introduced in Victoria in 2015-16 and aim to:
- Provide the Victorian community with an open and transparent account of each health service’s performance and improvement work
- Support accountability of public health services and standalone community health services
- Promote changes in systems and professional practices
- Promote continuous improvement
- Provide consumers with information
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Safer Care Victoria (SCV) advised public health services there was no mandate to submit a Quality Account for 2019-20. Western Health decided to share our improvements and quality focus for 2019-20 through a Quality Account and followed the 2018-19 guidelines.
Development of the 2019-20 Quality Account was coordinated by Alison Rule, Director of Corporate Governance & Planning. We acknowledge Alison’s coordination, and the contributions from staff across the organisation, resulting in the production of a comprehensive and informative 2019-20 Quality Account. We also acknowledge the contributions of our Consumer Representatives, Shefton Parker and Carolyn Rowan, who reviewed content and provided feedback on suitability for consumers.